Good-Looking Models

Hey Team,

Mini-Update: The model works beautifully!! I had Daniel's brother on
the bicycle and cycling with the corn sheller- chain doesn't fall off
either! The hub works well and we may keep that in the design. I will
take some video and pictures tomorrow and send them at Mobility Care
(they have a faster connection than the hotel).

Benard is helping get a few tools tomorrow in town to help make
product building much faster, then coming by the workshop again. I
plan to ask him if we can pass by the hardware stores again for
ordering 46 or so corn shellers. I'll continue cutting, grinding edges
and marking holes tomorrow. I almost down cutting all the metal. The
angle iron mounts is what is taking the longest. Phew. Well the
machine does most of it, haha, but it's a slow machine.

Next week: bending (using a homemade die), welding and ordering
missing bicycle parts in bulk. (And more depending on what's left)

Non-building update: Daniel's brother is a secondary school Physics
teacher and has experience teaching Swahili. He offered to tutor me in
Swahili (free! I asked first.) after the workshop closes, a few days
the week, for two hours. I may take him up on that offer if my after
work schedule is not too busy.

Other than that, I plan to ask around about microfinance organizations
to pass along the contact information.

Don't forget to look out for my email when you wake up tomorrow! Stay tuned!

-Lisa
Arusha, Tanzania, Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment